We study exciton ionization induced by an axial electric field in a strongly coupled GaAs/Al0.3 Ga0.7 As superlattice at low temperatures. The field-induced ionization times of the heavy-hole 1s exciton in the miniband field regime are determined from transient four-wave-mixing experiments and theoretical model calculations. They are found to lie between the field ionization times of excitons in bulk semiconductors, and in strongly confined quantum well systems.
- Conference proceedings
- Excitons and related phenomena (including electron-hole drops)
- Optical properties of thin films, surfaces and thin layer structures (including superlattices, heterostructures, and intercalation compounds)
- Optical transient phenomena (including quantum beats, dephasings and revivals, photon echoes, free induction decay, and optical mutation)
- Time-resolved optical spectroscopies and other ultrafast optical measurements in condensed matter
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Physics and Astronomy(all)