We propose a class of moderate-length nonbinary low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes for long-haul high-speed optical transmission systems. In particular, we present an LDPC code with 12.59% redundancy that achieves a 9.9-dB coding gain at a bit-error rate of 10-10. A similar coding gain is obtained for a long nonbinary LDPC code with a redundancy of only 6.7%.
- Forward-error correction (FEC)
- Low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes
- Optical communications
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering