Superparamagnetic γ-Fe2O3 (Au) core(shell) nanoparticles with narrow size distribution and different shell thicknesses are synthesized. On conjugation with serum albumin, this set of particles forms an ideal candidate to be used in magnetic targeted drug delivery and hyperthermia treatment. In this contribution, the synthesis and characterizations of their size, optical, and magnetic properties are reported. It has also been shown that using different shell thicknesses, it is possible to tune not only the plasmon response of the gold shell but also the magnetic property of these Superparamagnetic nanoparticles.
- Core(shell) nanoparticles
- Hyperthermia, maghemite (gold)
- Magnetic targeted drug delivery
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering