In this paper, an optimized-eight-state CV-QKD protocol is proposed significantly outperforming previously introduced discrete modulation (DM) protocols as well as the corresponding Gaussian modulation (GM)-based CV-QKD protocols for practical reconciliation efficiencies values in terms of both secret-key rate (SKR) and achievable distance. The proposed CV-QKD protocol also outperforms, in terms of SKR, the corresponding high-cost single-photon DV-QKD scheme, employing an array of multiplexed single-photon detectors, for several orders of magnitude. We also describe a generalized RF-Assisted CV-QKD scheme with heterodyne detection applicable to arbitrary DM scheme, insensitive to the laser phase noise and frequency offset fluctuations.
- Quantum key distribution (QKD)
- continuous variable (CV)-QKD
- discrete modulation-based protocols.
- prepare-And-measure CV-QKD protocols
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering