Reversible integer wavelet transforms allow both lossless and lossy decoding using a single bitstream. We present a new fully scalable image coder and investigate the lossless and lossy performance of these transforms in the proposed coder. The lossless compression performance of the presented method is comparable to JPEG-LS. The lossy performance is quite competitive with other efficient lossy compression methods.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer Graphics and Computer-Aided Design
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computational Theory and Mathematics
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition