A six-wavelength laser array with an integrated amplifier and modulator designed for transmission of a single selectable wavelength is demonstrated. The lasers have thresholds of ~20mA, and the single-step printed gratings yield an average channel spacing of 200 GHz. Output powers through the modulator of several milliwatts are obtained from all six lasers when 75mA is applied to the amplifier.
- Electroabsorption modulators
- Integrated optoelectronics
- Semiconductor laser arrays
- Semiconductor optical amplifiers
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering