We investigate the cascadability and transient effects of an micro-electromechanical-systems-based 64-channel blocker. We observe no transient effect due to the blocker. We limited our study to ten cascades and observe negligible optical power penalty with or without the 7-dB maximum allowable equalization for both nonreturn-to-zero and return-to-zero pulses.
- Microelectromechanical devices
- Photonic switching systems
- Wavelength-division multiplexing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering